Thursday, November 12, 2009

Video Games and Comic Books

When we were in the planning stages of Comic Zone, we discussed at length whether or not we should have video game tournaments. We finally decided it would be worthwhile, that there would be a lot of cross-over in our target markets, and besides, it was something Sean really wanted to do.

I have noticed that when we do get a decent showing for our video game tournaments, people DO buy comics too, so I have proven to myself that it's true to some extent. I notice that video game folks will buy comics, but not all comic book enthusiasts care to play video games. So, it really is an outreach mission to get more video game players into our store so that they will also buy comics.

I found this article about Video Games Turned Comic Books very interesting. It's a bit of a different take, but I learned a lot from it. Perhaps this is why I have seen the results I have observed between video gamers buying comic books, but not so much vice versa.

In any case, Halo has been one of our best video game tournaments to date, so I am grateful for that cross-over for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment