Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Next Generation

The other day, four young men from Jr. High stopped by the store on their way home from school. They hung out for an hour or so, looking at comics and asking questions. They didn't buy anything, but they were obviously excited about finding a comic book store in the neighborhood, and said they would be back.

They HAVE been back, just about every day after school gets out.

The oldest one of the group is actually an avid comic book fan, and asked us if we were going to be getting in any more of two different series. I told him about pull boxes, and he asked me lots of questions about how they work, including how much they cost. I told him they don't cost anything. He said he'd think about it, and went back to looking through some back issues.

While he was looking, someone else came in and asked for the stuff in his pull box, which I promptly gave him and rang up for him. He thanked me and left.

A few moments later, the aforementioned young man came up and said that yes, he wanted a pull box, so I set it up for him.

He came in yesterday and asked if there was anything in his pull box, as though he had been doing it forever.

Warms my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment